1. What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
2. Do you (prefer to) live in a house or a flat?
3. Who do you live with?
4. How long have you lived there?
5. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
6. What’s the difference between where you are living and where you have lived in the past?
7. Can you describe the place where you live?
8. Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
9. What do you usually do in your flat/house/room?
10. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
11. Please describe the room you live in.
12. Which part of your home do you like the most?
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown?
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you been living there?
5. Do you like your hometown?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
Work or studies
1. What work do you do?
2. Why did you choose to do that type of work?
3. Do you miss being a student?
4. Do you like your job?/ Is it very interesting?
5. What are your responsibilities at work?
6. How do you think of the fact that young people today change their jobs frequently?
1. What subjects are you studying?
2. Why did you choose to study those subjects?
3. Are they very interesting?/ Do you like your subjects?
4. What school/university do you attend?
5. What do you plan to do after you finish your studies?
6. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
7. Are you looking forward to working? (after graduation)
1. Do you often listen to music?
2. When do you listen to music?
3. How much time do you spend on music everyday?
4. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
5. Have you ever been to a concert before?
6. Do you like to listen to live music?
7. When did you start listening to this type of music?
8. Where do you usually listen to it?
9. How do you feel when you listen to this type of music?
10. Have you ever been to a musical performance?
11. Have you ever learnt to play a musical instrument?
12. Is music an important subject at school in China?
13. Did you often listen to music when you were a child?
14. What kinds of music are popular in China?
The area you live in
1. Do you like the area that you live in?
2. What are some recent changes in that area?
3. Do you know any famous people in your area?
4. Where do you like to go in that area?
1. Do you like traveling?
2. Which cities have you been to?
3. What kind of cities do you like to travel to?
4. What is the place that left you the deepest impression when travelling?
5. Is it hard for you to travel around?
6. Will you work in other cities after graduation?
1. Do you make plans every day?
2. Are you good at managing your time?
3. Is it difficult to manage your time well?
4. Will you allow your children to manage their own time?
5. Are young people in your country always on time for things?
6. What is the latest plan you made?
7. What is the hardest part about making plans?
1. What do people in your country prefer? Street markets or supermarkets?
2. Are there many street markets in China?
3. What are the differences between street markets and supermarkets?
4. What do street markets sell?
5. What do you usually buy from street markets?
6. When was the last time you went to a street market?
7. Do you go to street markets more often now than in the past?
1. Were you patient when you were young?
2. How do you feel when other people are not patient?
3. Are you less or more patient when you are angry?
1. What's your favorite movie?
2. Do your friends like this movie?
3. What kind of movies do you think young people like?
4. Do you want to become a movie star?
1. What do you think makes good friends?
2. Do you keep contact with your friends from childhood?
3. What kind of people do you do you like to make friends with?
4. Do you think you are a good friend for others?
1. How often do you have a haircut?
2. How long have you had your current haircut?
3. Have you ever had an unhappy haircut experience?
4. Do you like to have your hair cut?
1. Do you wear jeans?
2. How often do you wear jeans?
3. Do you like wearing jeans, why?
4. Why do you think jeans are popular?
1. When do you need to be focused?
2. What may distract you when you’re trying to stay focused?
3. What do you do to help you concentrate?
4. Is it difficult for you to stay focused on something?
1. Has your voice ever changed?
2. Do you like your own voice?
3. Do you enjoy recording your voice and listening to it?
4. Does your voice sound like your parents'?
1. Do you walk a lot?
2. Do you walk more often than in the past?
3. Do you think people will walk more or not in the future?
4. Where do you usually take a walk?
1. What languages can you speak?
2. Do you think it is difficult to learn a new language?
3. Will you learn other languages in the future?
4. Why do you learn English?
1. Have you ever kept a pet?
2. Do you like to go to the zoo?
3. Have you ever seen any wild animals before?
4. What wild animal do you like the most?
1. Do you often wear makeup?
2. What does wearing makeup mean to you?
3. Would you give makeup as gifts?
4. How do you feel about man wearing makeup?
1. What's your favourite number?
2. Are you good at remembering phone numbers?
3. Do you usually use numbers?
4. Are you good at maths？
1. When was the last time you bought a pen or pencil?
2. Do you usually use a pen or pencil?
3. Which do you use more often? Pens or pencils?
4. What do you think if someone gives you a pen or pencil as a present?
Spending time by yourself
1. Do you usually spend time by yourself?
2. What did you do last time you were by yourself?
3. How do you usually spend your time by yourself?
4. Do you like spending time by yourself?
1. How often do you go for a run?
2. Where do you usually go running?
3. Do you like running?
4. Do you think running is a good way to stay healthy?
1. Do you like art?
2. Have you ever been to art galleries?
3. Is there any artwork on the wall in your room?
4. Have you ever had art classes?
1. Have you done water sports?
2. What water sports do you like doing?
3. Are water sports popular in China?
4. What kind of water sports do you want to try?
1. Is there a lot of beautiful scenery in your hometown?
2. Do you like to take photos of the scenery in a trip?
3. When you travel, do you like to live in hotels with scenic views?
4. Do you like to take pictures of good scenery with your smartphone? Why?
5. Is there good scenery in cities?
1. Do you like science class?
2. Did you have science class in primary school or high school?
3. What kind of science did you do at school?
4. Do you think science classes are important?
1. Do you often go to a park?
2. What activities can be done in a park?
3. Do you think people like going to parks?
4. Do you prefer natural parks or amusement parks?
1. Do you like desserts?
2. Do you like eating cakes?
3. What desserts do Chinese people like?
4. Have you ever made cakes?
1. Do you like to watch movies or TV shows that make people laugh?
2. Do you usually make your friends laugh?
3. Are you the kind of person who makes people laugh?
4. Do you think it's important to laugh with friends?
1. Do you prefer a long break or several short breaks?
2. What do you usually do during a break?
3. Why do you need to take a break?
4. How often do you take a break?
1. Have you ever lived in the countryside?
2. Do you enjoy living in the countryside?
3. What do you usually do in the countryside?
4. Will you live in the countryside in the future?
1. Have you ever been to history museums?
2. Do you like history?
3. When was the last time you read about history?
4. Did you like history when you were young?